Skip to main content

Final: HOUSE:REWIND

Here is the harvest time of the season! After unbelievable submission labor, finally I submit my house. In brief, I try to solve my main problem which came from my Prejury ( scale problem). To solve this issue, tefriş (furniture) turn into my guideline. Also I omit some unnecessary part of the house. There is no column or something structural thing in prejury and after that they also started to talk. Place of the column also affect some placement about house. Also;

  • I added two stairs in my house. One of them is in center and provide circulation of the house. It is in the middle and turn into a tree which I have in my terrain.( In prejury this is one of the advice for me. I really think about  creating connection with plantations.) Other stairs are may be seem too close and unneccessary in house but it also provide connection between studio and gallery. In this manner, guests move away from main circulation system of house and thus privacy provided.
  • As I said before plantations is another key issue for me. There are lots of tree all of the sides and their locations are not like ordered. So to use landscape I rotate my house around these gaps and it help me to locate my house much more easily.
  • Surrounding houses has both connection and visual problems. I do not need to find solution for connection because I have only just one house in whole of the terrain.( For other houses main problem is about adjacency. There is no gap between houses and to reach other side of the house,people should walk around whole of other houses.) But I think visuality is important issue in here and I should find a solution for that. Using glass for first floor solve some problems in here but also I refer my thingy which is my ramp, my stairs and its furniture. To use ramp as a source, I try to reach direct connection. For instance beginning of the ramp has glass and end of the ramp is also has glas and there is nothing between these glasses. I use this method for my whole of the ramps and try to solve tendency problem in here.
To sum up I add some little touches to my house. But these little touches need really lots of labor. Here is my final posters and my 1/100 and 1/200 scaled houses:





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS: KHAN SHATYR

Each structure has its own story. And this is Khan Shatyr's one. For Arch372 lesson we choose a structure and examine its structural details. We find Khan Shatyr as interesting and made research about it. Tension of roof, its durability, materials, technique of construction is quite different from other ones. And here some explanative poster about structure with diagrams.  

Case Studies: Paragon Tower and Kuzu Effect

06 assignment Orthographic Projection

Here is another reason for cancer : Drawing tape dispenser using orthographic projection. I hear that you asking whether is that a prank or not. If you are architecure student, you should get used to this kind of unbelieveable assignment and of course there is no way for prank in architecture studio. Whatever, in this drawing, real proportion was used by me and as you know, sometimes something happened without your control. There are some notes in my drawing which reveals my mistakes and after critics i learn how can I draw with ortographic style. In addition, if you want to learn what ortographic projection means, here comes : orthographic projection (n)   projection of a single view of an object (as a view of the front) onto a drawing surface in which the lines of projection are perpendicular to the drawing surface  And here is my model (tape dispenser) and my drawing :