Skip to main content

Detail Model (241 Final)

For final assignment, I made model which is related with my design principles. Its just a little part of my pier. Its scale is 1/20 and I just want to show how different materials come together and how design work with materials. So this model includes both little part of design and tecnical properties of my model.


Also, I wrote some information about detail of my model. here is my report:

Keeping natures own quality is important issue for open spaces. To supply this, materials which are prefer in design, should have connection with nature. In my eymir model, my main idea is relating with how can I specify different spaces while I prefer natural route. There are two main route in my model and both of them in the north. One of them benefit from slope, density of tree, wind and these kind of qualities while other one is much more related with reeds, lake. These different sources also affect details of my places. To better perception of my detail model which is part of pier, we can divide it into 3.
To defining space, I use series of columns but some part of pier’s  does not have two sided column system. In there, concrete is not well choice for me because load distribution will cause problem and my columns will be fall over. Also concrete is not well option for relation between nature-structure. So I prefer wooden in general design except basis of pier. Both creating connection with nature and supplying load distribution, inside of vertical wooden parts (columns) has steel. Having steel also help me to walkable upper floor of my model where only wooden is not enough to carry.And steel-wooden meeting is like puzzle. When they meet, they create rectangular shape.
Structural parts where place at underwater is another issue in there. Sticking wooden into lake sand is meaningless because of durability and load distribution. To reach durability, firstly sand should purify and appropriate part of sand should find. Concrete seems like best solution for abrasion and when some part of concrete is embedded, both abrasion and durability problems will be solved. Connection is another topic in here. Different types of screws help me to connect concrete and wooden in underwater.  
Walking platform of pier has similar logic: there is main piece of platform which has grid system and it carry whole of the things. Increasing number of square of this platform make stronger and thus platform carry much more weight. But on the other hand it also mean that gravity can create problem for them. To struggle gravity problem, side parts (screws and posts) should locate much more carefully. In my model, corners have key role.
All in all, in my detail model, I worked on how pier’s important parts connect with other materials,  especially wooden&steel and concrete &wooden. My general connection pieces have screws almost whole of them and little supportive parts help me against load distribution.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS: KHAN SHATYR

Each structure has its own story. And this is Khan Shatyr's one. For Arch372 lesson we choose a structure and examine its structural details. We find Khan Shatyr as interesting and made research about it. Tension of roof, its durability, materials, technique of construction is quite different from other ones. And here some explanative poster about structure with diagrams.  

Case Studies: Paragon Tower and Kuzu Effect

06 assignment Orthographic Projection

Here is another reason for cancer : Drawing tape dispenser using orthographic projection. I hear that you asking whether is that a prank or not. If you are architecure student, you should get used to this kind of unbelieveable assignment and of course there is no way for prank in architecture studio. Whatever, in this drawing, real proportion was used by me and as you know, sometimes something happened without your control. There are some notes in my drawing which reveals my mistakes and after critics i learn how can I draw with ortographic style. In addition, if you want to learn what ortographic projection means, here comes : orthographic projection (n)   projection of a single view of an object (as a view of the front) onto a drawing surface in which the lines of projection are perpendicular to the drawing surface  And here is my model (tape dispenser) and my drawing :